Views
Helpful
Replies

ANM 5.1 Download

cgknipe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of ACE appliances in HA mode.  I'm looking at evaluating ANM 5.1.  I've obtained an trail license for ANM 5.1, but I am unable to download ANM 5.1 from the Download Software section at cisco.com.  I've sent numerious emails to web-help, as well as licensing but no one can give me an answer as to how I am able to obtain the software in order to evaluate it.

All that I am receiving from the Cisco web site, is "Additional Entitlement Required" - and that's the end of it.

Can someone please advise as to how we can go about to obtain the actual software?  I've already lost close to two weeks of my trial license allowed for time, and I'm really keen to purchase ANM, but if I can't even download the software for an evaluation, I'm going to have a very hard time convincing the powers up stairs to invest the money to purchase it...

6 Replies 6

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From where did you obtain trial license?

To resolve this issue i would suggest contacting your account team and bring it in their notice.

Regarding evaluation you can also download software ANM 5.2 which has 90 day evaluation license and you can start using it as soon as it is installed. This feature was not there in ANM 5.1

The below is from ANM 5.2 release notes.

ANM 5.2 includes a 90-day evaluation period that is activated when you install the software. This feature allows you to begin using ANM immediately after installing the software; however, you must install the permanent software license before the 90-day evaluation period expires to continue using ANM.

For detailed release notes, please go to the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/application_networking_manager/5.x/release/note/relnote5_x.html

For downloading the latest 5.2 version please visit the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=284283242&flowid=31422&softwareid=282156448&release=5.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi Kanwaljeet,

This is exactly my problem.  I have obtained my trail license from

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/loadDemoLicensee?FormId=235  Obtaining (and downloading) the license is not a problem at all, and the registration went completely effortless.

In terms of downloading the software... I am using the exact link that you have provided to download the software.  It requires my CCO login to download the software, and once I have logged in with my CCO, I am unable to download it, and I receive the error "Additional Entitlement Required".  My coleague even went as far as opening a TAC at Cisco, but -no one- to date is able to tell us where / how to download this software...

Exact Error:

---

Cisco service contract information indicates you are not authorized to download software for the following product(s):

Cisco Application Networking Manager 5.2

If  you are downloading from the Cart, please remove software for the  product(s) listed above to proceed with other software downloads.

Or, if you feel this message is in error, please:
  1. Email technical support for 24x7 assistance. To expedite your request, please include the following information: 
    • User ID (Cisco.com ID used to download software)
    • Contact Name
    • Company Name
    • Contract Number
    • Product ID
    • Desired Software Release or File Name
    • Please include a screen shot of this page
  2. Contact  your Cisco representative, Partner or Reseller to ensure product(s)  listed above are covered on a service contract that is associated to  your Cisco.com profile. The Partner Locator link may assist in locating your nearest partner.
  3. You can add the service contracts for these products to your profile using the Cisco Profile Manager, or have your service administrator do this for you.

---

Please if you could be so kind to assist.  Email to technical support (end-dl@cisco) has been unawnsered now for close to two weeks so far.

--
Chris.

Message was edited by: Chris Knipe

Hi,

Did you take this up with your account team? I am out of office currently but i will definitely look into it tomorrow and see if there's anything that can be done.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi Kangwaljeet,

We are unfortunately not in a position to purchase directly from Cisco, and therefor do not have an account team to turn to.  Our local suppliers / partners are as in the dark as we are.

Many thanks, and I look forward to your findings.

Hi,

I am sorry i was out of office and couldn't reply to you.

I went through documentation and the link from where you obtained demo license and everything looks good.

Did you try and generate another demo license and then go for download?

Did you generate demo license using the same cco id which you are using for download?

Please try generating one more time and see if it works and let me know.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi Kanwaljeet,

I did indeed generate the demo license from the same CCO login which I am using to try and download the software.  I have initially thought along the same lines as what you did, and I even emailed licensing@cisco.com for assistance, as I thought the demo license could mistakenly not have been tied to my CCO - sadly, they just told me to email web-help@cisco.com, which then also goes through to licensing@cisco.com, and thus, no support or assistance has been forthcoming from them.

I generated another demo license now (successfully), and are still unable to download the software.