Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ANM application template - probe port

Greetings,

I'm trying to create a template for an HTTP application on a non-standard port with ANM 5.1.

Here's part of my template:

<variable name="TCPport" type="port" displayString="TCP Port:" perm="ace_vip"/>

<config device="{$device}">

<slb>

<serverfarm name="{$name}" predictor="roundrobin">

<probe requestHttpUrl="{$probe_url}" interval="60"

passDetectCount="2" requestMethodType="get"

passDetectInterval="60" isRouted="false" expectedResponseCode="200-404" port="{$TCPport}"/>

<foreach iterate="{$reals/$ipAddr}">

<rserver name="{$reals/$rname}" ipAddr="{$reals/$ipAddr}" port="{$TCPport}"/>

</foreach>

The variable "TCPport" is mentioned twice, at the probe and at the rserver definition. However, at the probe part it's just ignored, the configuration stays default. The rserver's port gets configured correctly, so do other parts that get their values from the variable.

The result is: upon creation, the virtual server works absolutely correctly for a minute, then failed probes bring it down. If I change the probe port value manually, everything's ok.

How do I automate the configuration of the probe's port?

1 Reply 1

lazhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dmitriy,

I tested with your template snippets and did not see any problem. I was able to configure the port for both probe and rserver. If you are still having the problem, please post your full template and we will further investagate your problem. You can post that or any ANM application template related questions on the following page, you will get better reponse there.

http://developer.cisco.com/web/anm/application-templates

Thanks

Larry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: