cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ANM RBAC users in ACS problem

eugene.fit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone! Recently, configuring ANM I got stuck in user authentication.

I am trying to configure contexts on ACE, using ANM with RBAC users. To do it I am following

User Guide for the Cisco Application Networking Manager 4.3

What I have done:

On ANM

I made organization, domain, role and user.

1.png

The user is in role "farmer" and in domain as well (see screenshots).

2.png

On ACS

I made a user with proper settings according to User Guide for the ANM

"For example: ANM=Role1 Domain1"

3.png

However, when I try to connect I recieve next message:

No role is assigned to this user account. Contact your system administrator.

I believe that everything with configuration is done, but have I forgotten something?

It is just my first experience with it. On ACS there are no messages about failed attempts

Versions are: ANM 4.3, ACS 4.2

1 Reply 1

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Evgeny,

It's hard to give you an answer on this without seeing your full ANM and ACS configuration, so it would probably easier if you open a TAC service request to have this investigated further.

Anyway, from what you described, I assume you are trying to do remote authorization (in which, you would not need to associate the user with a role on ANM). For that to work, when you define the organization, you need to configure a unique identifier for it (just under the remote authorization checkbox), for example "test-org". Then, on ACS, you need to would configure the atributes as "ANM_test-org= Role1 Domain1"

For more details, please check the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/application_networking_manager/4.3/user/guide/UG_admin.html#wp1547054

I hope this helps

Daniel