cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone use Distributed Directors?

0sgruttadauria
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking for high-availability solutions across our WAN. Has anyone implemented a wide area load balancing solution using the Cisco Distributed Director or similar product, such as F5 3DNS?

These products use probes or other monitoring to determine which way to route. Does anyone know how much traffic these devices generate?

Any other feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

You should talk to your Cisco SE and have them get you some case studies for you to review. Did you take a look at www.cisco.com/go/dd for the published info?

Talked to the Cisco rep. He did not have any experience with the product.

That's why I am looking for some real feedback.

Thanks.

I found these for you online that might help you out:

Some enhancement info.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t4/ftdd1224.htm

A couple of customer profiles.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/cxsr/dd/profiles/

I bet Cisco product info can help too. 1-800-553-6387. Good luck.

mmoscoso
Level 1
Level 1

I implemented a WAN load balancing solution using Distributed and Local DIrector, It works very good across 6 countries in America and Spain with central location in Miami. Distributed Director uses the best time response or avaliability from the client. To do this it is supported by the DRP(Director Response Protocol) Server Agents IOS feature installed in the local routers of every remote site.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions about it, or post it in to the forum

Hope this help

Mauricio

Thanks Mauricio. That is the exact type of input I was looking for.

SG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: