Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ArrowPoint Cookie conflict ?

Hi,

Assume tha two applications are configured in the CSS with different VIP and different physical servers. Both content rules are configured with arrowpoint-cookie stickyness.

Now, the user opens a browser window and accesses application A. A cookie will be generated by the CSS and inserted in the response. Now, the user opens a second browser window to access the application B. hence, both browser sessions run in parallel. I assume that a second arrowpoint cookie will be generated for the session B.

Now my question : does the browser maintain both cookies and select the cookie to be sent on a per session basis, or do I have to configure a cookie string to differentiate both applications ? In other words, will the second cookie overwrite the first one ?

If yes, we have a stickyness problem.

Thank you for any hints

Yves Haemmerli

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: ArrowPoint Cookie conflict ?

Yves,

the cookie name will be the same by default -> ARPT.

The browser on your machine is the device that decides how to save the cookie.

Normally, there can be only 1 cookie name/value per site.

So, since you are using 2 different vips, the browser should keep the 2 cookies in memory and use the appropriate one for the each vip.

In case of doubt, you can always rename the cookie on the CSS to be different for each application.

CSS11503-2(config-owner-content[gdufour-www])# arrowpoint-cookie name ?

String to be used in the Name=Value pair for cookie. (Len:

0-31)

Regards,

Gilles.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content