cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can one WAE have traffic redirected to it from 2x routers using WCCP?

jamesek
Level 1
Level 1

We have a three data centers connected via DS3s in a triangle formation. Each DC has two 7206 routers with one DS3 going into each. We have WAAS currently, but we aren't optimizing the traffic over these DS3s. Currently the WAEs are directly connected to the routers via a 30 bit layer 3 connection. Is there a way to utilize just three WAEs boxes, or do we need 6?

3 Replies 3

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm currently running a single WAE-7326 between two 7204's using WCCP and it works great. My setup is like yours kinda with my primary circuits on one 7204 and the backup circuits on the other. I'm running the two interfaces on the WAE in active/standby mode and have an interface on each 7200 in that same subnet/vlan on my 6500's. You'll need to enable "ip wccp redirect exclude in" on the WAE facing router interfaces. I've attached a presentation I used while setting ours up and I think most of it still applies.

HTH.

Two questions: Does the WAE have to be layer 3 to the routers? Does WCCP have to be enable on all the devices leading to the router?

Hi,

Zach or another WAAS expert can probably give more details but the 7200's setup a GRE tunnel between itself and the WAE so layer three connectivity is a must.

I have positioned my WAE's at aggregation points in my network. All my remote sites sit inline between my firewalls and WAN routers. In our DC I'm running WCCP on our WAN routers (the aggregation to the remote sites) and only have WCCP redirection enabled on these routers using redirct ACL's.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: