cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE-565 management/configuration

cmazur
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CE-565 content engine w/ACNS 5.0 w/Smartfilter to act as a HTTP proxy for my campus users accessing the Internet. Do I need any special server/software(CDM) to config and manage this box? Can I just config and manage it via CLI and or my browser? Can you refer me to any examples of this type of config.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tgrevers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You mention several things to manage on the CE. So, I will cover each of the components that you speak to. :)

For managing the CE, you can use either the standard console connection to access the CLI, this will allow you to manage the configuration of the CE, as well as enable or disable Smartfilter 3.1 on the CE.

You could manage the CE with a CDM, that is an option if you are looking to pre-position content onto the CE. The CDM gives you managability of the CE's caching, content and streaming properties.

You can manage the functionality of caching and streaming as well as pre-loading of content onto the Content Engine from the built in GUI on the CE, by pointing your browser to port 8001 of the CE's IP address (http://A.B.C.D:8001) You will need to enable the GUI server on the CE to use the 8001 management. If 8001 is not a valid port, it is configurable.

To manage Smartfilter on the CE, you can use the management software from SecureComputing. We don't have any sort of "homegrown" interface for managing SmartFilter, we allow the use of Secure Computings "tried and trusted" management software.

CiscoWorks2000 is yet another option to manage the CE.

-Ted

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

tgrevers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You mention several things to manage on the CE. So, I will cover each of the components that you speak to. :)

For managing the CE, you can use either the standard console connection to access the CLI, this will allow you to manage the configuration of the CE, as well as enable or disable Smartfilter 3.1 on the CE.

You could manage the CE with a CDM, that is an option if you are looking to pre-position content onto the CE. The CDM gives you managability of the CE's caching, content and streaming properties.

You can manage the functionality of caching and streaming as well as pre-loading of content onto the Content Engine from the built in GUI on the CE, by pointing your browser to port 8001 of the CE's IP address (http://A.B.C.D:8001) You will need to enable the GUI server on the CE to use the 8001 management. If 8001 is not a valid port, it is configurable.

To manage Smartfilter on the CE, you can use the management software from SecureComputing. We don't have any sort of "homegrown" interface for managing SmartFilter, we allow the use of Secure Computings "tried and trusted" management software.

CiscoWorks2000 is yet another option to manage the CE.

-Ted

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: