Views
Helpful
Replies

central manager corrupted

dot10000000000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a situation with my central manager. I have a project for about 200 branches and they purchased just one central manager. The problem now is that the central manager is corrupted. I cant configure it or even recover it because once i type anything, it comes out with the wrong characters instead. i cant log in or even set the bootflag to bypass the login detail, because what i type is not what shows on the screen. I have attached the loading sequence for any errors that it might be generating. I would like to know with this new 4.1.1 image, can i set one of the application accelerator with a transport license to become a central manager even though it does not have a central-manager license.

Also, what can be done to recover this box without sending it back to Cisco.

Regards.

3 Replies 3

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

You can make another unit a Central manager by configuring it as CM

Step 1:

Configure WAAS Settings

------------------------

Select device mode :

1.application-accelerator

2.central-manager

Enter your choice [1]: 2

This configuration takes effect after a reload.

Enable CMS automatically after reload (y/n) [y]: y

Step 2:

Configure network settings

---------------------------

Select interface to configure as management interface:

NO INTERFACE NAME STATUS IP ADDRESS NETMASK

1: GigabitEthernet 1/0 UP unassigned unassigned

2: GigabitEthernet 2/0 DOWN unassigned unassigned

Enter choice [1]: 1

I will take a look at the attached file.

Hi,

I know i can turn a device to a central-manager, I am actually concerned with how the licensing for a central-manager works and the license effect of turning an accelerator with transport license to a central-manager.

Regards.

steven-dunn
Level 1
Level 1

Your customer should have purchased another CM. The WAE512-1G running version 4.1 is sized to manage upto 500 end devices but a second should be installed for redundancy.

I don't know the maximum for version 4.0.19.

Try the recscue CD ?

You may have to discuss this with your cisco rep, but from memory there are only two licences for version 4.1 even though the configurator shows three. A transport licence and an enterprise licence. You need the enterprise license to do application optimisation or CM function.

Steve