cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Max-Connections in CSS 11500

cmarquez
Level 1
Level 1

I have an architecture with two 11500 in active-passive mode and receive 800 connections every 5 minutes.

Could appear  secondaries effects if  i change the default of max-connections in CSS 11500 for example to 1200?

One of the risks i want to avoid is with this change, the CSS could be crashdown because of the drop of connections..

4 Replies 4

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning,

Could you please let me know what is the exact parameter you are talking about?

From what you described, I believe you may be referring to the "max connections" parameter configured under the services. This command just limits the number of concurrent connections that are allowed on a specific real server to ensure that the server itself doesn't get overloaded. Increasing this limt would not have any negative effect on the CSS itself, but, since you are allowing more simultaneous connections on the server, you may experience resource issues on the server itself.

Hello, yes im refering to the max-connections parameter in the CSS, and that i said my doubt is if when you change to 1200 connections,the Content  start  to drop the connection 1201 an so on, or ir the device receive significativaly more connections, the hardware can support that...

What the CSS will do is removing the server from the pool when the max-connections limit is reached. At that point, new connections will be sent to the other servers if they are available, but, if all of them are in the limit, then, yes, new connections will be dropped.

As I mentioned this feature is designed to protect the real servers themselves against an overload, the CSS is powerful enough to handle several hundred thousand concurrent connections, so, increasing the max-connection parameter for a server should not be an issue.

ok,thanks for all your comments Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: