Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACE 4710 Connection Figures skewed

Brian O'Flynn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am doing some fairly basic loadbalancing with sticky connections based on source IP.  If I do a show Serverfarm XXX command I can see 80 connections going to one server and 890 going to another.

Now if I do a show conn rserver XXX-1 serverfarm XXX | count

show conn rserver XXX-2 serverfarm XXX | count

I can see 165 connections going to the first server and only 9 going to the second.

This sounds about right for the first server considering the in and out connections.  But the second server has me confused with the number showing.  I have tried the clear conn for that rserver but the figure seems to hover around 890 - 900.  Load balancing is Round Robin at the moment.

The second server is functioning ok as I can access it when bypassing the loadbalancer.

We have rebooted the second server and even when the probe-failed status was showing for the server, the current connections from the Show Serverfarm XXX command still showed around the 890 mark.

Has anybody seen this before and know of a way to reset this counter?

Cheers

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

we had several issues in the past with the count of active connections in 'show serverfarm'.

Could you test the latest version and if the problem persists open a service request with the TAC to report the problem so we can fix it.

Thanks.

Gilles

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

we had several issues in the past with the count of active connections in 'show serverfarm'.

Could you test the latest version and if the problem persists open a service request with the TAC to report the problem so we can fix it.

Thanks.

Gilles

Thanks Giles, it is good to know I wasn't going crazy looking at those figures.  Will plan the upgrade.

Cheers

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: