Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Ace - Gracefully shut down rserver with SSL connections

Hello

I run a ace module in a 6509

Version A2(1.2) [build 3.0(0)A2(1.2)

How do i gracefully shut down a rserver with current ssl connections?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_1_0/command/reference/realserv.html#wpmkr1015382

In this dokument it says that the: no inservice command resets all ssl connections. I want to let clients finish their ssl connections, then take the server out of service.

Does it let the clients finish their ssl sessions, if i take the rserver out of service with the: inservice standby command under serverfarm > rserver instead?

as in:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_1_0/command/reference/servfarm.html#wpmkr1036418

If it does, I have another problem, i want do restrict what commands my webmasters can run, and they need to shut down a server grecefully but limit other commands. If i give there users any of the predefined roles or try to make a own role, a can't make them gain access to take a rserver out of service (no inservice or inservice standby command i missing) in a serverfarm...? but my admin user can run those commands.

Does anyone have a idea what role that work or if i make my own role what rules i should use?

Appreciate any help!

//Kristoffer

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco Ace - Gracefully shut down rserver with SSL connection

Hi Kristoffer,

The minimum required access is modify to real-inservice.

ace1/Test(config)# role SCOPED1

ace1/Test(config-role)# description Allow control of servers

ace1/Test(config-role)# rule 1 permit modify feature real-inservice

ace1/Test(config-role)# rule 2 permit create feature config-copy

ace1/Test(config-role)# exit

ace1/Test(config)# exit

Then create a user and associate it with the scope.

ace1/Test(config)# username adminScoped password ReallySecret role SCOPED1 domain default-domain

Roles are documented in the Virtualisation Guide and in the Command Reference.

HTH

Cathy

Re: Cisco Ace - Gracefully shut down rserver with SSL connection

doesn't seem to have that command:

rule 1 permit modify feature real-inservice

do you know what relese it is supported in?

or any other useful page a can look at the software releses or development train?

//Kristoffer

Views
Helpful
Replies