Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ANM 5.x Licensing

PratikAmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're currently operating on ANM 2.1 with some limited 20 context licenses on a pair of ACE Module. We have a view to now moving to version 5.x and expanding to cover around 16 ACE devices.

My question is around the licensing. Do we need to still purchase additional licensing to cover the number of ACE Module/Appliances being managed under ANM and similiarly purchase virtual context licenses within ANM for each ACE instance running licensed contexts?

I was looking at the version 5 documentation and it seemed to imply that only the base license was required? Could just be my misunderstanding

Thanks
Pratik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pratik,

You are correct. those were applicable to the earlier versions of ANM.

-Alex

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alex Rickard
Level 1
Level 1

Pratik,

There is just the base license for ANM. Cisco ANM Versions 4.1 and later are offered for order at no charge, but they do require licensing.

-Alex

Thanks for responding Alex.

I appreciate the base software and license are free but does this imply that I do need consider licensing costs for things like "ANM-AD-005" and "ANM-AV-020" or are these no longer required in 4.1 and later?

Pratik

Pratik,

You are correct. those were applicable to the earlier versions of ANM.

-Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: