Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco application networking manager license file - unable copy to server

sanmaria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all

We tried all the options like ftp,tftp,scp,etc., to copy cisco application networking manager license file from my pc to its server which has CISCO ADE OS .But unable to copy .can anybody know correct method to copy ??

Thanks & Regards

Sanjeevi

6 Replies 6

ddastoli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ANM can only be installed on RHEL5 (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/application_networking_manager/4.1/installation/guide/IG_prep.html#wp1060727).

Why would you need to copy the license file to ADE OS?

Anyway, if you have troubles with copying the file you may use a workaround which is just create a new file in the ANM server and copy paste the exact content of the license file in it. Pay attention not to add any space or characters.

You may use this license file.

Cheers,

Dom

Hello,

I have same problem, we need to copy licence to ADE OS because it's running on Vmware ESX server and there is unable to login on web GUI to add the license because of error: ANM license is not installed, user can't login.

How do I add the license when there is no ability to login or how to create file on ADE, there is no ability to simply create file and copy the content of licence file. And there is no sftp server or something on ADE OS.

How to get the licence file there?

Thank you, Adrian

Adrian,

In order to install the license you must have a license file on the ANM server and install it through the command line:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/application_networking_manager/4.1/installation/guide/IG_config.html#wpmkr1120937

No other way to do it.

License file can either be copied to the ANM file system, or you can create a new empty license file on it and copy paste the license file content.

If you have no access to the ANM server through CLI, then a workaround might be:

- install a new VMWARE machine where you have CLI access.

- install ANM on it

- copy license (other you copy the file through any means or you create a file and edit by copy pasting the license file content)

- install license with the command  /opt/CSCOanm/bin/anm-license install /path/ANMxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.lic as described in the link above

- save the VMware image

- deploy the same VMWare image to the ESX where it has to be installed and where you have no access to CLI neither you can copy a file.

Hope this helps,

Domenico.

Hello Domenico,

thank you for answer, I'm not able to run any commands like /opt/... because I'm in Cisc ADE OS. The only command available is anm-license install there, but there must be allready file on the disk.

The ANM was installed as .ova image runned directly in ESX environment, so there is no clasical linux shell to move file with scp or sftp. There is no vi or an option to create file and copy the content of license file in it. See attached pictures.

Then the only way will be install ANM with from bin release on redhat, but why there is an ANM OVA image for ESX server available if there is no possibility to get licence in it?

Thank you, Adrian 

cech.adrian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I solved the problem, it is possible with copy command:

copy tftp://staging-server/licenses/anm-4.1.lic disk:

Thank you Domenico, best regards, Adrian

Good catch Adrian,

I thought it was a normal Red Hat version running as VMWare image.

Indeed, ova images has a special CLI which does not provide Linux commands.

Thanks,

Domenico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: