Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Filesystem

ewf_cirda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

I've got a Cisco 200 Micro Webserver (mweb200) with a damaged scsi harddrive.

I've ordered a new one now , but i dont know how to format it when i will put it in the micro webserver. The documentation clearly says "The Micro Webserver 200 cannot format new SCSI hard drives. However, it can read the hard drive directly from a Windows 95 or Windows NT system." I think it uses the same filesystems as the Cisco Content Router 4400. Does anyone know how to format these disks ? Also , what do cisco mean with "However, it can read the hard drive directly from a Windows 95 or Windows NT system." ?

4 Replies 4

inch
Level 3
Level 3

Howdy,

Going by what it says... it sounds like it would be a FAT filesystem if it could be read by windows 95... :)

Yeah , but this filesystem is called uvfat , and i dont know where to get it...

mark.duffy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Not sure if you have the answer but this may help?

http://linux.voyager.hr/umsdos/

The format of the disk is a linux version of FAT which knowing Cisco and its love for Linux in most of the CE type devices. Have a look and see if partition magic supports it as a format?

Hope that helps,

Mark

I've checked the list of PartitionMagic and it doesnt support uvfat , only FAT,FAT32(vfat),NTFS,EXT2, and EXT3. Also , i dont know if i should create a regular partition table on the disk , or create the filesystem directly on the disk, could anyone put me in the right direction ? I think the answer would be on the Cisco Content Router 4400 , because it uses uvfat.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: