Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Works HSS / HSE 1.9

Hello,

i've postet the same question in the Netwok Management Forum, but there was no answer. So i try it here, because the HSS / HSE is a application for the CSS/CSM Devices.

I am using HSE in up to Version 1.8.2.

Now, i wanted to install the Verson 1.9. Because this Version does not run, on the old HSE Plattform, we bought some DL360 G4 Systems with the specified configuration für HSS.

I did download the HSE 1.9 Image from the download center and tried to install this Image on the Server.

It did not work. The Systems tries to boot the Kernel, but then, no action is seen any more. Look at the Image.

Is there a special download needed, to install the HSS 1.9? I think, HSE and HSS uses the same Software.

Is there a Problem with the Image on cco?

I hope, anyone can help me with this problem.

Note: I've tried to install the Image via CD and also via the ILO Board. There is no difference i can see.

Other OS can be installed, so the server seems to we working

Best regards

Sven

4 REPLIES

Re: Cisco Works HSS / HSE 1.9

I've found the problem.

The Server has to be configured via the Serial Port and does not Display any informations via the Monitor.

Sven

Hello,

i've some more problems. I can not install the HSS on the DL360 G4.

I think there es a problem with the harddisk.

There is a SCSI harddisk in the systems, and may the image tries to install the software on a ide harddisk?

Anyone hase some help for me?

Sven

I'm having the same problem.

Hello,

there is a difference via the HSS and the HSE Image.

Be sure to install a HSS Image, not a HSE one.

Sven

Views
Helpful
Replies