Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Citrix and Content Switches

I'm curious if anyone is using the Cisco Content switches to load balance traffic/sessions across a citrix server farm. Any luck and what type of load balancing method did you use? Round robin? Response time? And do these methods REALLY work with Citrix applications/servers for appropriate load balancing?

3 REPLIES

Re: Citrix and Content Switches

I would use the Citrix LB software package to load balance a Citrix farm.

I just load balanced two Citrix servers using Cisco CSS11150 load balancing switches. Because Citrix uses login for each user, load balancing required stickyness. I load balanced using cookies. This works great. You need to configure the cookie string in the service. You need to configure prefix and length in the content rule. There are several ways to load balance using cookies. The server needs to set the cookie in the first reply back to the client.

jeff.wise@delta-air.com

Hi even with such delay (more than one year) I found interesting what you said.

I have been told that Citrix could use master browsing feature in sense that there is a master browser server that reply to clients with other server addresses embedded in the reply packet itself.

Have you encountered the same need ?

Is it addressable with CSS in your opinion ?

Thanks for any reply.

Marco

Views
Helpful
Replies