cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Citrix Session Reliability and WAAS

richianaj
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not having any luck getting my Citrix traffic to be reduced between my WAE devices. I've ensured that compression and encryption is disabled at the client and server, but I'm finding that the packets are even increasing in size, and users are complaining of extra sluggishness with their sessions. I notice that the Citrix traffic is using port 2598. My WAEs are running 4.1.1.

Thanks

Richard

11 Replies 11

huangedmc
Level 3
Level 3

We've tried WAAS w/ our Citrix environment, and the result wasn't very good either.

I believe that's just the nature of Citrix - you can't really optimize it.

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Richard,

It almost sounds like compression/encryption are still enabled. Can you provide a packet capture of a session where you see this behavior?

Thanks,

Zach

Is It common to disable encryptiona and compression in the Citrix app?

lofek
Level 4
Level 4

Richard

What version of Citrix are you running on the server side and the client side? There are different ways to disable the Citrix compression and encryption on different versions. I have attached instructions to disable compression/encryption for various versions.

Hi, I don't think the attachment worked.

Thanks,

Richard

Please try this attachment.

I believe the default Citrix policy for WAAS is port 1494. I editied the classifier for Citrix to include port 2598. We are only using TFO as the Citrix group does not want to shut off compression and encryption.

We have the same problem on customer site. The citrix consultant means: It is impossible to disable the encryption completely. After the logon-encryption the data-encryption falls back to "basic" which is the simple citrix-encryption.

Manager DC-Networking, Automation & WLAN
Logicalis GmbH

Thank you.

It works with the instructions of this document: compression off. Encryption 128bit for authentication and basic for data. Presentation-Server 4.5, Client 10.x, WAAS 4.1.1c b16 with TFO, DRE, LZ.

Logicalis GmbH

Have you tried this just using the Web Client for Citrix?

No, we did not tried this. But I monitored all changes on customers environment to be sure that all settings are active.

One difference was:

"EncryptionLevelSession=EncRC5-0" was unknown and configured as "EncryptionLevelSession=2".

Logicalis GmbH
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: