Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Http Connection Problems With CSS

russell_hay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a pair of CSS 11050s configured in a redundant pair. We have a content service defined on both CSS's. They are configured for Layer 5 balancing, with Sticky timout configured at Layer 4 for the respective service (I don't know if this is correct).

When doing a show service summary on both CSS boxes - the content servers are seen as alive. There do not appear to be any problems. However when clients try to connect to the content, there is often a very noticeable delay in connection.

First attempt, the http request does not reach the web server and is not displayed in the log during this delay. On first access to the login URL, no page was returned for 50 secs, no entry in the web server logs, and the browser displayed “page cannot be displayed” after 50 seconds. On a 2nd attempt, the same happened (again 50 secs before timeout). On the 3rd attempt, after 25 seconds the request appeared in the Apache log, and the page was displayed on the browser. I can now access all areas of the HTML based application without further delays, and subsequent logins are not subject to the same delay.

It is almost as if the CSS's need to cache information - but so far I have not managed to find any explanation for this.

Any help would be most gratefully received.

3 Replies 3

russell_hay
Level 1
Level 1

Can I also add in relation to the above - there

are no error messages on either box.

Any suggestion of a possible cause, or any show / debug commands to look at on the CSS would be very welcome.

Hello Rus!

I have recently experince the same issue serveral times. My fix was to reload the CSS. Not sure why this happens but it seems that all is well! Also check your "sticky-inact-timeout XX" setting in your content rule. Cisco recommed 60 min for connections to timeout.

please give us the content rule config.

Also, capture a sniffer trace in front of the CSS to

see if the request really comes in.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: