cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client SSL Authentication with 4710 CSS

hector.tello
Level 1
Level 1

Reading about the ACE XML Firewall I saw the following: "Because this forwarding occurs at Layer 4, the Cisco ACE XML Gateway has full access to the SSL client certificate. This allows the XML Gateway to perform strong authentication of the client, first by validating the certificate was signed by a trusted certificate authority, and then by querying an identity store such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to authorize that client's access to the requested services."

So my question is does the 4710 support this same type authentication where the client sends their certificate as part of the handshake? If so, how is this configured because there is no mention of it in the Cisco ACE 4700 Series Appliance SSL Configuration Guide?

1 Reply 1

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

There were several bug fixed since your version of code and a few of them were related to client authentication.

I think it would be wise to first upgrade to the latest 7.50 image and if the problem persist, send us the data you have [trace, config, show ...] Check if this document helps.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/webscale/css/css_720/advcggd/ssl.htm#1343966

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: