Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

commit_redundancy script and SSL modules

I have a number of redundant pairs of 11500s with SSL modules in. When trying to sync the config using the commit_redundancy script it fails at the verification stage. Manually comparing the two running configs it appears that all the config is being replicated except that relating to the SSL config.

Is this a known 'problem' and is there a quicker solution than manually copying the config? - it's a rather laborious task :(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: commit_redundancy script and SSL modules

I have problems with the commit redundancy script as well, so I do it by hand. I'm currently working on compressing the script to be totally automatic and simple....but need to play with the replace_text function.

For the most part, here is my procedure

ftp the config to workstation

modify the config

ftp the config back to primary css

now the next 2 commands I borrowed from the commit script

@rcmd ${backupIp} "rcmd ${MASTER_IP} 'show script tmp.cfg' 20 newconfig" 20

@rcmd ${backupIp} "arc scr newconfig startup-config;arc start old-config;rest startup-config start" 20

issuing these 2 commands from the primary css will copy the file tmp.cfg in the script directory to startup-config on the backup css

you can then choose to reload the backup, copy startup to runn, etc....on the backup to make the new config active

Hope this helps

2 REPLIES

I have problems with the commit redundancy script as well, so I do it by hand. I'm currently working on compressing the script to be totally automatic and simple....but need to play with the replace_text function.

For the most part, here is my procedure

ftp the config to workstation

modify the config

ftp the config back to primary css

now the next 2 commands I borrowed from the commit script

@rcmd ${backupIp} "rcmd ${MASTER_IP} 'show script tmp.cfg' 20 newconfig" 20

@rcmd ${backupIp} "arc scr newconfig startup-config;arc start old-config;rest startup-config start" 20

issuing these 2 commands from the primary css will copy the file tmp.cfg in the script directory to startup-config on the backup css

you can then choose to reload the backup, copy startup to runn, etc....on the backup to make the new config active

Hope this helps

Many thanks - I'll give this a try. Shame the script doesn't seem to handle this new functionality...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content