Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring GigaEthernet interface on CSS 11503

naslamenace
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to configure a coonection between a CSS 11503 and a 3750 switch via a fiber to RJ45 converter and got problem to get connectivity. By the way i am also having the same issue to set up my ISC link between my two CSSs (both are CSS 11503). I have disabled the Auto negotiation, i am getting the link but no ip connectivity. Both interface (ISC port and interface 2/2) are up, the vlan 1 associtated to my port 2/2 is also up and ip enabled but i am not getting any ip connectivity. Can someone help?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

My first suggestion would be to hardcode port settings on both CSS and switch. Compare the two using "show phy" on CSS and "Sh interface" on Switch

try this

On CSS

interface 2/1

phy 1Gbits-FD-no-pause

On switch

interface GigabitEthernet 1/1

speed 1000

flowcontrol send off

flowcontrol recieve off

Hope it helps

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Thank you, i'll try that but any idea for the ISC link between my two CSSs, should i also disable the auto-neg and set both interfaces to phy 1Gbits-FD-no-pause?

By the way my switch is a 3750 and only support the command flowcontrol receive off. Is still the solution ok or should I use another phy option (for instance sym-asym).

Thanks,

Nasser

Try removing Phy command from ISC interfaces

To remove phy command from config, use following

command from interface mode of gig interface

css(config-if[1/1])#phy 1Gbits-FD-sym-asym

I hope you are not using any Layer 2 device to connect ISC ports of two CSSs.You must connect ISC ports directly.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Actually there is no layer two device but a fiber to RJ45 converter and I am wondering if this can be an issue or not. So one side is connected via a LC fiber and the reomte CSS is connected via RJ45 to a converter.

Should that work. Actually even my 3750 is connected via an RJ45 port to the converter which then connect my CSS via a fiber.

Do you think the config will still work, I will try it tomorrow at the customer premises so any idea would be appreciated.

Nasser

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: