cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring the ACE via XML

rdrabandt
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to configure the ACE via XML?

I can connect, but doesn't matter what i type, the answer could not be understood by the server. Not even with the example in the admin guide. Is there a document, which tells exactly how the syntax of the header needs to be? The DTD is not telling anything about that.

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Go to Configuration > VPN > WebVPN > APCF

WebVPN includes an Application Profile Customization Framework option that lets the security appliance handle non-standard applications and web resources so they display correctly over a WebVPN connection. An APCF profile contains a script that specifies when (pre, post), where (header, body, request, response), and what data to transform for a particular application. The script is in XML and uses sed (stream editor) syntax to transform strings/text.

You can configure multiple APCF profiles on a security appliance to run in parallel. Within an APCF profile script, multiple APCF rules can apply. In this case, the security appliance processes the oldest rule first, based on configuration history, the next oldest rule next.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6121/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00806a2f4a.html

Hi and thanks for the answer, but we are using the Application Control Engine without any Management Software. We like to code our own web application to configure the ACE boards, but we were not able to find a working example.

rene

There is a trick that you can only have 1 and only 1 POST variable define. ACE is very strict on the number of variable being pass to it. Here is an example using CURL:

curl -v -H Connection:close http://:@/bin/xml_agent -d "xml_cmd= "

Thanks a lot, this was the info i needed. Too bad, that i could not find this information somewhere in the documentation. But its working now.

thanks again...

Rene

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: