Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting redundant servers to redundant CSS

ns-ddelange
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm quiet new with CSS configurations and currently working on an assignment to get two servers (with both a redundant network connection) connected directly to a redundant CSS configuration. I have tried a box-to-box redundancy configuration but i'm having some problems with the fallback and inside connectivity. When i look at all the configuration guides and tips then there's always a switch connected between the CSS and the servers. Before i ask for help with this config i want to know if the design that they've put me up with can work! Attached there's a picture of the design. The servers have teaming enabled with fail-over option. When the primary CSS fails, the secondary CSS will take over. The primary link of the server will fail and perform a fail-over to the secondary link. I have my doubts that this design will work.

I hope that someone can get me started :)

Kind Regards,

Daniel

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have seen too many issues in the past with servers using redundant interfaces.

We always end up recommending not to use such a solution and to insert at least 1 switch between the CSS and the servers.

Gilles.