Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connecting redundant servers to redundant CSS

Hi,

I'm quiet new with CSS configurations and currently working on an assignment to get two servers (with both a redundant network connection) connected directly to a redundant CSS configuration. I have tried a box-to-box redundancy configuration but i'm having some problems with the fallback and inside connectivity. When i look at all the configuration guides and tips then there's always a switch connected between the CSS and the servers. Before i ask for help with this config i want to know if the design that they've put me up with can work! Attached there's a picture of the design. The servers have teaming enabled with fail-over option. When the primary CSS fails, the secondary CSS will take over. The primary link of the server will fail and perform a fail-over to the secondary link. I have my doubts that this design will work.

I hope that someone can get me started :)

Kind Regards,

Daniel

• Application Networking
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Connecting redundant servers to redundant CSS

We have seen too many issues in the past with servers using redundant interfaces.

We always end up recommending not to use such a solution and to insert at least 1 switch between the CSS and the servers.

Gilles.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.