cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Networking Scenario - Product Selection

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

My banking corporation is planning to deploy a new web-based financial application in our 300 remote small offices. We want to place a proxy-server with web pages caching in order to reduce traffic between remote and central sites. I'd like to know what's the best hardware choice to deploy this solution in the remote small offices (1 server and 1 to 10 PCs) and if it's necessary or if it exists any module to install in our 7507 routers at Central Site to deploy this solution

Thanks

2 Replies 2

oezenwa
Level 1
Level 1

You an use CEs such as 560 or 507 at each of the 300 remote sites

and a Local Director or Content Switch at the main site.

Email me if you need more details at: oliver@gac-corp.com

selorm_adadevoh
Level 1
Level 1

The best hardware product from Cisco to do proxying is the CE 507/CE 560 however if I understand right you said the remote offices had only 10 PC's - in that case it seems a bit overkill for only HTTP proxying. For the central site I suggest you use the Cisco CSS products as they are layer 7 load balancing products and for financial applications I guess stateful failover at the application layer is a requirement.

for more info on alternative HW products for proxying at the remote sites, email me at selorm.adadevoh@hp.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: