cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Switch which needs to load balance an oracle application.

krmenon
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is the oracle application uses multiple ports as there are a number of different components that the application calls. The ports are 8001 and 9001.

However, content rule can only have 1 port number specified.

The oracle application works initially in the web broswer using port 8001 but then it activates a java applet which uses port 9001, it's at this point that the application stops working.

As you can see I am an amateur with this box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Kris...

3 Replies 3

Diego Vargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Well is hard to say what is going on without looking at the config.

Do you have another rule configured for port 9001 already?

Do you know if the new flow in port 9001 needs to go to same server than flow in port 8001 as a must?

Did you tried with a layer 3 rule (no ports) and see if the issue happens as well.

Would the flow stay iddle for some time?

Here are the configs (attached)....However I'll get back to you with the answers for your question in sometime. I appreciate your patience.

Hi, well you have a content rule listening on port 8001 but none on port 9001, so the CSS is not configured to listen and balance any traffic coming on that port.

You can add a content rule in that port for same VIP and add same services (if those are actually the ones listening on port 9001).

Hope it helps!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: