Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

copying a file from one context to another

We're running ACE module, A5(2.1), and were wondering if we could copy a file from disk0: of one context to disk0: of the other?

Thanks.

_ Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,When you create a new

Hi Greg,

When you create a new context, the ACE creates a new context directory in Flash memory to store context-specific data such as startup- configuration files. Personally i haven't done this but you should be able to do this. But you won't be able to move the files across contexts i guess. You can try to FTP the file off of context and copy into another using FTP again. For more details, please visit:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA1_7_/configuration/administration/guide/admgd/managesw.html#wp1122569

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,When you create a new

Hi Greg,

When you create a new context, the ACE creates a new context directory in Flash memory to store context-specific data such as startup- configuration files. Personally i haven't done this but you should be able to do this. But you won't be able to move the files across contexts i guess. You can try to FTP the file off of context and copy into another using FTP again. For more details, please visit:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA1_7_/configuration/administration/guide/admgd/managesw.html#wp1122569

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

Thanks for confirming it. I

Thanks for confirming it. I didn;t think it could be  done either.

_ Greg

Views
Helpful
Replies