Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM Closing state

wim_depauw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

At one of my customers they are using a CSM and we saw that we have a lot of connections in the state CLOSING .

According to the docs it means that it is waiting for the FIN ACK .I haven 't done any sniffing to check if the fin ack arrives or not .

But you have also an idle value of 3600 sec so in my opinion the connection should close after an hour even if the FIN ACK is not arriving. And this is not the case . Has anybody seen this before and can I do something about it ?

I checked the bug toolkit but didn't find anything .

We are running v 4.2(3)

grz

Wim

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wim,

4.2(3) has been deffered.

So, it is time for an upgrade.

If the problem persist after that, you can open a server request and we will investigate.

Sorry, I don't have anything better to offer.

Gilles.

Gilles,

The customer has a sup720 with 12.2(18)SXF7 , in the release notes it is specified that the advised IOS is 12.2(18)SXF15 and the min IOS is 12.2XXX .

Are there any bugs/problems known if you run 12.2(18)SXF7 with the latest release of CSM ?

It means an extra downtime of their core devices so I would like to avoid if possible. And also the IOS is running smooth :-)))

gr

wim

I run 12.2(18)SXF7 in my lab with my CSM and it is working fine.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: