Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM Help

network_dude
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need help with an interesting request I need to configure on my CSM.

There are 3 total servers, each server holds information for 10 different users -- a total of 30 users. I need to configure a single virutal IP address so when a user clicks on http://virtualip it will re-direct them to their appropriate server via username. The only way I can re-direct them is by a local SQL DB Username which is passed in the packet.

How can I configure the CSM to look into the packet and re-direct the requests by username to their appropriate server. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scott,

if the info is inside the HTTP header, you can create a header-map to match the name and associate the header-map with a server.

Gilles.

Thank you for your response...I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't think that kind of information was contained in the header. Would that be an application thing, do you think programmers could pass that information in the headers?

Scott

yes, they could pass it in the header as a cookie value or inside the url as a parameter.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: