cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM load balancing

cprice2k7
Level 1
Level 1

I have an interesting problem. I have a VIP with a two server, serverfarm. Originally the VIP and serverfarm were doing load balancing in the switch IOS and the vip was configured with a 27 bit subnet mask. I moved the configuration to our csm mod and removed the subnet mask. The original sticky was set to 120 and I reset the sticky to 30 as part of the move. Now the load balancing is extremely off kilter (200 connections to 7). Any ideas what could be amiss?

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Real servers are physical devices assigned to a server farm. Real servers provide the services that are load balanced. When the server receives a client request, it pulls matching information from a disk and sends it to the CSM for forwarding to the client.

You configure the real server in the real server configuration mode by specifying the server IP address and port when you assign it to a server farm. You enter the real server configuration mode from the serverfarm mode where you are adding the real server.

This URl should help me:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a00801760d0.html#xtocid439743

wim.juste
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like the config about the sitckyness may cause this difference?

How did you configure the sticky group?

Can you paste a piece of your config here?

Greetings,

Wim

Thanks all for the input. As I suspected all along it was a server misconfiguration. The server that was not accepting connections was in fact redirecting the calls back to the VIP.