Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CSM Policy Stats

Hi all,

Im running a CSM on 4.1(2).

In the "show mod csm x stats" command output there is an entry for L4/L7 rejected connections which is subdivided into "No Policy" and "No policy match" amongst others.

Could someone suggest the difference between the two sub categories please.

I have an issue with a service intermittently failing where part of a web page is displayed but another pane gets a "page cannot be displayed" error. On sniffing traffic I see that the CSM is sending RST to the client.

I saw this error previously for a different problem when the parse-length limits were reached. Increasing the limits solved the problem.

This time I'm getting "No match policy" errors which increment everytime I replicate the problem. There is a L7 policy assigned to the vserver and the traffic requests do not contravene the policy in any way (policy enforces a http header insert only).

persistent rebalancing is enabled to force L7 policy for every request which is a requirement.

Thought comments welcomed.

Regards,

Barry

• Application Networking
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: CSM Policy Stats

The "No policy" is incremented when a flow matches a vserver configured with no default serverfarm;

but the CSM LB code could not find a policy that matched this request.

The "no policy match" is in the L7 case where none of the policies configured for a vserver matched the request and

there is no default policy/serverfarm, the request will be dropped.

So same but for L7.

Gilles.

Views
Helpful
Replies