Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM-S active / standby sync

mahendra.raj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have 6509 switch with FWSM (Bridged) and CSM in two different buildings, say site-A is Primary and site-B is DR.  These two 6500 switch are configured with HSRP to decide primary. I can reach DR switch, FWSM and CSM but unable to reach the SSL module on DR side. Don't understand why. When I do ping, I get 1 successful reply after 10 - 15 failure ping request. I suspect it could be because of the bridged mode but not sure. Also I am doubt that is it possible to have CSM actvie / standby like this.

Would be grateful if could help me to understand on this.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This setup is fine.

Try to sniff traffic (ping) and see if it gets to the CSM-S.

See if a response is send.

Gilles.

Hi

The SSL module management IP is reachable intermittently. It respond 3 ping requests out of 10. So don't know what is happening with SSL module. When I do config sync from Primary switch CSM configs are get replicated successfully so it means intercommunication between Primay and Standby CSM is fine. Only problem to reach the SSL module in standby.

Thanks

As I said, you will need a sniffer trace to check where the packets are going.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: