cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM-S SSL card redundancy

gtambour
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 Catalyst 6500s with CSM-S cards installed. The CSMs are in redundant configuration already. The SSL offloading is configured in bridged mode. CSM provides redundancy for the client VLAN. How do we provide redundancy for the SSL cards? Do we use HSRP for the bridged VLAN that exists in the SSL? Do we use HSRP for the SSL admin VLAN? Is there a document the references redundancy configuration specifiacally for the CSM-S (SSL daughter cards)? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

I guess you can use the HSRP and CSM-S failover configuration to provide redundancy. The following document presents a scenario similar to yours. Hope this helps.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/mod_icn/csm/csms211/icn/redun.htm#wp1037494

Guess, this link does not help much for the SSL redundancy.. Does anyone have some working configs..?

George, Did you get this working... If so, would you mind sharing your configs.. I have a similar requirement, but i have my SSL offloading in routed mode, whereas the Web Client/Server Vlans are in bridged mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: