cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM Weight 0 issue

carlsond
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone tried to assign a weight of 0 to a serverfarm on a CSM. Documents conflict as to whether this is valid or not. We have tried it and when you do a Show mod csm real you see a weight of 1. The traffic statistics also validate that a value of 1 is being assigned. We are using 4.2(1) code. Any chance this is a bug??

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCed41637 - Show commands display weight of 1 when weight is configured to 0

The bug is not fixed yet.

I believe the solution that will be adopted is to prevent a weight of 0 to be configured as it has no effect.

Not sure what you expect from a 'weight 0'.

If this is the graceful service shutdown, simply use the 'no inservice' command.

Regards,

Gilles.

The person who built this config was trying to get traffic to go to the server with a weight of 0 when the other server in the farm failed. There is already a backup farm configured so this was not an option (Yes it's an odd requirement). This worked on the CSS's and it was expected to work on the CSM. I did just discover the inservice standby command and hope this will satisfy my requirement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: