Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11050 and Config Synchronization

ostewart
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running two redundant CSSes and I'm trying to synchronize the configuration on Master to the Backup. Both systems are running AP5.00 (Build 45) and a standard feature set license. I've followed the documentation from the following link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/contnetw/ps789/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800e480f.html#xtocid8

I have Application Peering Protocol (APP) on the Global Interface of both switches. I don't see any APP command on the redundant circuit interface. When I execute the following command [script play commit_redundancy "-a -d"] I am getting the following error message:

----------begin-------------------

LLGM-MASTER# script play commit_redundancy "-a -d"

COMMIT_REDUNDANCY Version: 3.10

Verifying app and redundancy configs ...

Verifying that ip redundancy is activated on Master switch.

Verifying that app session is up with backup switch.

APP session Ip Address '192.168.18.2' doesn't match Backup Ip Address

--------end---------------------------

Why is it using version 3.10 COMMIT_REDUNDANCY script? I've verified the circuit IP address correct and its pingable from Master. Am I missing something. Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

pknoops
Level 3
Level 3

On each CSS you should have

(assuming the redundancy-protocol circuit on one CSS is 192.168.18.2 and 192.168.18.1 on the other CSS

CSS #1

app

app session 192.168.18.2

CSS#2

app

app session 192.168.18.1

Then when you run the script it should be

script play commit_redundancy "192.168.18.1 -a -d"

When running this command it assumes the other box (in backup mode) is 192.168.18.1

Regards

Pete Knoops

Cisco Systems

Each CSS should have two lines about app:

#1: app

#2: app ip_address_backup_unit

Where ip_address_backup_unit is the IP addres of the backup unit, the circuit VLAN IP address where you are applied "redundacy-protocol".

Do you have it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: