cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11050 Port Translation - is it possible?

bensmith
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running up against a brick wall trying to have the VIP service requests for some web servers on port 80, but balance it across a number of servers - all of which are running on another port. Is this actually possible?

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rberthel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can "port nat".

Simply have the content rule confgured for port 80, and have the services configured for the different ports.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rberthel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can "port nat".

Simply have the content rule confgured for port 80, and have the services configured for the different ports.

Thanks for the reply - I thought I'd tried that but with the following config requests to the VIP on port 80 return a page saying 'Invalid Host Specified: The request did not specify a valid virutal host".

!************************** SERVICE **************************

service Server1

ip address X.X.X.1

port 7654

protocol tcp

active

service Server2

ip address X.X.X.2

port 7654

protocol tcp

active

!*************************** OWNER ***************************

owner ben

content balanced_servers

add service Server1

add service Server2

vip address X.X.X.10

port 80

protocol tcp

active

!*************************** GROUP ***************************

group balanced_servers_reply

vip address X.X.X.10

add destination service Server1

add destination service Server2

active

I'm beginning to suspect that the problem may be with the settings of the group.

Ben

Sorry - just noticed that I didn't mention we're running a 'one armed' config (CSS attached by single connection to the same switch as the servers being balanced against).

Problem solved - the CSS was playing ball all along - it was a problem with the servers being balanced against.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: