Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CSS-11154 vs. Content Switch Module for 6500

I am wondering what would be the benefits for going with the Content Switch Module versus and stand alone Content switch? Does the Content Module do more than the Content Switch? And what would be the requirments for using a Content Switch Module in the 6500?

3 REPLIES

Re: CSS-11154 vs. Content Switch Module for 6500

From what I can see they are both comparable. If you have a 6500 and room for the blade, might be the way to go for you.

I think that you will want to look into the specifics of each device and compare them with your requirements. They were both developed as completely seperate product lines so they do not have the same (although I'm sure it's similar) functionality. For us, we started out with the CSS and are now looking into collapsing that functionality into a 6500. We've found that the 6500 module does not do everything we are currently using the CSS for. It would be nice to have the functionality in the 6500 series, and thus one less device in the network but I think we will wait for them to integrate WebNS into the 6500..

Currently the CSS does not support long lived flows, but the CSM does. Also you can configure a CSM/6500 cat switch in what we can internet in a box. A couple months back we did a PDVC visit to test the CSM. We are currently migrating from the CSS platform to the CSM platform.

Views
Helpful
Replies