I've got a deployment going at a client and am using a Netscaler to provide VIPs for their external Citrix access. Although I can enable VIPs for internal Citrix services without issues, we're fleshing out some options as to how we can load balance the internal resources without having the VIPs being in the DMZ, and therefore, reliant upon the firewall being up for proper operation.
The client is currently providing Load Balancing via an Alcatel switch/load balancer, but I'm not sure this will give us all the functionality we're looking to get. Here's what the criteria would be in an ideal world and want to know if the Cisco Content Switch can provide that to us.
1. Ability to Load Balance Citrix XML Service (TCP/8080 traffic. XML based)
2. Ability to Load Balance Citrix STA Service (TCP/8080 traffic)
3. Ease of setup for Web Servers (currently, need to setup a Loopback adapter for each IP address we want Load Balanced. We're hoping the Cisco setup doesn't require any additional configuration on the Web Servers than a regular web server to setup a VIP)
4. SNMP/SMTP Alerting in event of a node's service being unavailable.
5. Advanced probing/monitoring of the Citrix XML or STA Services (this is probably stretching on the STA service)
The CSS11500 would also provide everything (except smtp alert).
The advantage of the c4710 is that it comes with a mini-firewall and will allow you to easily connect internal users without the need to go through the firewall and still maintain a high level of security.
Introduction This article will help you understand the steps on how to
download the UCS licenses from the Cisco Systems website and then
installing it on the UCS. The redacted (blue lines) just covers up
certain numbers for privacy please do not take them...
Introduction This article will help you understand and educate the
customer on how to clear their "expired licenses"
(license-graceperiod-expired) from their UCS-M. If a customer just
purchased a license and needs a step by step guide on how to download
Introduction Prepositioning is a powerful tools on the WAAS platform but
it is not always easy to figure out why your jobs are failing when
trying to retrieve the files.Here is a method that should help you to
figure out the reason why they are not succes...