Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CSS 11501 keepalive-summary/load showing incorrect values

Hello,

I am using a CSS11501 for load balancing and have setup http keepalive services for both servers. At the moment I am running one web server. The sh keepalive-summary is showing that server1 is up, but the http keepalive for it is down. When using sh load, it shows both servers having an average load number of 255 (Even though the second server is down). Is there a way to reset the stats?

- Trevor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CSS 11501 keepalive-summary/load showing incorrect values

you can clear out the service stats with the command "zero service".

A service that is down will have a load of 255

I am not sure what you are saying when you say that sh keepalive-summ shows server 1 is up, but the keepalive is down. Can you clarify?

if possible, send the output from the following:

CSS# llama

CSS(debug)# icp probe service server1

Also, run it for a service that is up at the moment to get distinctions

That is very helpful in troubleshooting HTTP keepalives. If you are using a non-default keepalive uri, then put the uri in quotes after the icp probe command:

CSS(debug)# icp probe service server1 "/keep.html"

-Steve

2 REPLIES

you can clear out the service stats with the command "zero service".

A service that is down will have a load of 255

I am not sure what you are saying when you say that sh keepalive-summ shows server 1 is up, but the keepalive is down. Can you clarify?

if possible, send the output from the following:

CSS# llama

CSS(debug)# icp probe service server1

Also, run it for a service that is up at the moment to get distinctions

That is very helpful in troubleshooting HTTP keepalives. If you are using a non-default keepalive uri, then put the uri in quotes after the icp probe command:

CSS(debug)# icp probe service server1 "/keep.html"

-Steve

Okay, I did what you suggested about re-configuring the keepalive uri using "/keep.html" and that fixed the problem. I think what was happening was that the the webserver would return a "forbidden" error to the CSS.

Thanks..

- Trevor

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content