cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

css Box to box redundancy

ltrasmundi
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please provide a sample on how to configure box-to-box redudnancy? I am following the example in the documentation but it does not seem to work. Right now just want the 2nd CSS in a standby state in case the master fails.

5 Replies 5

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is explained here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11000series/v6.10/configuration/advanced/guide/Redndncy.html#wp1015819

Make sure you have a cable that connects the CSS back to back.

Configure a vlan with an ip address on each css using the physical link you just setup.

Then configure 'ip redundancy' in global config and 'redundancy-protocol' in the vlan.

Gilles.

Thanks for you response. I am doing what you and the manual have suggested, crossover cable working, I do a show redunancy and it shows running and one in master mode etc. I shutdown one of the boxes and my pc pings to a host on a different vlan stops works. I have vlan 3 ping a host on vlan 1 and my redudancy vlan is 2. Just the the documentation.

Thanks for you response. I am doing what you and the manual have suggested, crossover cable working, I do a show redunancy and it shows running and one in master mode etc. I shutdown one of the boxes and my pc pings to a host on a different vlan stops works. I have vlan 3 ping a host on vlan 1 and my redudancy vlan is 2. Just the the documentation.

after failover, do you see the other one as active ?

Can you ping from the CSS the 2 devices ?

Is the PC arp table showing the correct css after failover ?

Gilles.

I rechecked everything and now is working. I hard coded the duplex and speed on internet VLAN which I overlooked, which is why my host was failing to ping. Sorry about that, thankyou for your advice!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: