Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS License Post Upgrade

ddarby1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've a question regarding CSS Licensing following an upgrade if anyone can help:

I've upgraded a CSS 11050 from 3.10 to 6.10, but the feature set has gone from the Enhanced Feature Set to the Standard One.

I followed a Cisco / Upgrade License guide to no avail. Am I missing something? Does the unit require an upgraded license from Cisco due to the software upgrade? I did enter the license key again under 6.10, which returns the message that the license key entered offers no additional features.

Below is the output of the show version, chassis commands from the unit. I also find it strange that there's no serial number, base mac address, etc. The unit was previously a standby unit.

CSS_RIGHT# show ver

Version: ap0610405 (6.10 Build 405)

Flash (Locked): 3.10 Build 33

Flash (Operational): 6.10 Build 405

Type: PRIMARY

Licensed Cmd Set(s): Standard Feature Set

CSS_RIGHT# show chassis

Configuration for CSS 11050:

Name: CSS 11050 SW Version: 6.10 Build 405

HW Major Version: 0 HW Minor Version: 0

Serial Number: 0

Base Mac Address: 00-00-00-00-00-00

Module Number Module Name Status

1 FEM primary

2 GENIC primary

5 SCFM-PLUS primary

Port Number Port Name Status

1 e1 online

2 e2 online

3 e3 online

4 e4 online

5 e5 online

6 e6 online

7 e7 online

8 e8 online

9 e9 online

Any help is much appreciated.

Thx.,

Dan

3 Replies 3

Diego Vargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

Honestly I believe you need to contact licensing@cisco.com and provide your SN in order to get a new license.

Code 3.10 is very old, actually I believe it was Arrow point originally so it might be that you need a new one for 6.10 code.

Hope it helps

Hi,

Thanks for that - I think that you might be right - but I just wanted to be sure. 3.10 is Arrow Point.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on the blank serial number, hardware module and MAC address reported by the unit. This seems like an error message to me, but I wanted to check whether it has anything to do with the fact that it was configured in redundancy mode before.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

nothing to do with redundancy.

If it's blank it's probably because this is a very old hardware and the option to read this info from a show command was not yet available at that time. So the info was not programmed on the box.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: