Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Loadbalance a suspended service

a.hed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have an issue with the CSS11503 running och version 7.40.2.02

we loadbalance between two services and when we do some upgrades on one servise we suspend the service in the Css. Then we look at the IP FLOW and the Address of one host we can see flows to both the servers even when it is suspended?

Is this a normal? I thught that a suspended service is not a part of the loadbalancing?

regads

Anders

3 Replies 3

michael.e.reid
Level 1
Level 1

Anders, Is this definetly a flow from a client to the server, or could this be the keepalives from the CSS(s) going to the server ?

I know that we see these keepalives when looking at the flow (although perhaps the CSS stops the keepalive when it is suspended)

cheers,

Mike

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

suspending a service as no impact on existing connections.

So, you could indeed still see connections to a suspended flow if the client/server maintain the connction alive.

Gilles.

Hi Gilles,

I responce to your answer, I thought that suspending a service had different impact depending on the 'layer' of the content rule, but that in all cases, existing connections would either be redirected away from the suspended service or reset -- again, depending on the content rule?

Am I wrong? Should I have started another thread?

Thanks,

Douglas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: