CSS logs

teodor.dobrev
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have this following question.

In a SLB configuration

Internet--->CSS11503--->Servers

I use the configuration mode where the CSS process all packets and change the source IP when packets come from Internet, as they originate from the CSS and backwards. In other words the CSS SNATs all packets.

Doing so, the webserver logs that all sessions are initiated by the CSS IP instead of the real public IP's sourced in Internet.

Which is a problem when debugging a particular session.

Can you advise on what logs should be activated on the CSS, to have all sessions logged.

At this moment i couldn't find the answer in the documentation.

Thanks,

Teo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to log the session on the CSS.

The ACE module or Ace Application are able to do it but not ACE.

You should find a way to get rid of client nat on the CSS.

This can be done with just a static route if you make the CSS the default gateway for the server or with policy routing if you don't want to change the servers.

Another solution, is to insert a monitoring device in front of the css for logging purposes.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to log the session on the CSS.

The ACE module or Ace Application are able to do it but not ACE.

You should find a way to get rid of client nat on the CSS.

This can be done with just a static route if you make the CSS the default gateway for the server or with policy routing if you don't want to change the servers.

Another solution, is to insert a monitoring device in front of the css for logging purposes.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: