Helpful
Replies

CSS Management

g-georgiou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the following issues with CSS:

1. When configuring management interface i cannot telnet unless i am on the same network. I read that this was the case with older software versions. Does this apply to the latest 8.20?

2. Can syslogs and snmp traps sent out from a different port besides management?

./G

4 Replies 4

Diego Vargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1. In order to reach your management port from a remote network you need to have a "ip management route" configured so that the CSS know how to reach your network

2. You can configure the source interface that the CSS uses to send the traps, use this command:

snmp trap-source specified

Hope it helps!!

Thanks for the info, i will try it and let u know. Meanwhile is there a doc / sample config with CSS and AVS with backend SSL? We are trying to setup 3 websites behind CSS. The CSS will loadbalance the requests to the AVS and then to the bankend webservers. The customer requires all the way SSL. I have managed to set up in the lab the config with backend SSl but do not know if there is a caveat when integrating it with the AVS acting as a reverse proxy.

./G

Hi, honestly in my years working on TAC for the CSS I have never seen a document for your specific setup, I understand that you already have the Backend SSL documentation, and I am not aware of any example with AVS, I will do some research though and let you know if I find something helpful.

Hi,

The ip management route did the trick.

Thnx

./G

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: