Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS redundancy questions

k.lapczuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have some VIP and virtual interface redundancy questions:

- is there a requirement to use the same software version and featureset on both CSS boxes (I mean 7.x on first and 8.x on second one) - from my understanding only the VRRP is involved, so it should work the same way on both versions

- Can the different ssl modules be used (SSL on first and SSL-c on second box) to work in VIP and virtual interface redundancy

- is there upgrade from the 7.x to 8.x available for free?

Regards,

Krzysztof

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Krzysztof,

having different software between 2 CSS in redundancy setup is not officially supported.

But it should probably work.

If have access to the software download page, the upgrade from 7.x to 8.x is free.

Finally, if you do not use the compression feature of the SSL-C module, then it should be ok to use different modules.

Except if you want ASR [statefull redundancy] as ASR will verify that version and hardware are the same.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Krzysztof,

having different software between 2 CSS in redundancy setup is not officially supported.

But it should probably work.

If have access to the software download page, the upgrade from 7.x to 8.x is free.

Finally, if you do not use the compression feature of the SSL-C module, then it should be ok to use different modules.

Except if you want ASR [statefull redundancy] as ASR will verify that version and hardware are the same.

Gilles.

Thanks Giles,

You are as always precise with your answers. That's it what I was looking for.

Best regards,

Krzysztof

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: