cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS to transparent Proxy load-balancing

Aabed Khalifa
Level 1
Level 1

We have a single bluecoat proxy that is exposed to internet ,  which we need to add another one and load balance traffic to both of them . The problem is that this traffic cannot be routed to proxy explicitly ( i.e not like the Ineternet Explorer ) so this loadbalancing has to be done blindly to the users .

So is there a way or another that I can loadbalance internet traffic to these proxies with an inline CSS or maybe L2 loadbalancing to the proxies without involving a VIP ?

I was thinking about making the CSS VIP the default gateway of the clients so that traffic hits by it and make the 2 proxies the two real servers behind this VIP but I'm not sure if this will hit through the rule before routing traffic or not .

6 Replies 6

sivaksiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Configuring a VIP with 2 proxies as real server is a good option and you just need to make sure the client is able to reach the VIP.

Regards,

Siva

Thank you Sivak , I still don't get what you mean . Do you mean have the VIP the gateway of clients ?

Hi,

Thats correct.

Regards,

Siva

check this solution :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps789/products_configuration_example09186a0080093ff3.shtml

it should do what you need.

If you have any question on this, get back to us.

Gilles.

Thank you Gilles , I was hoping that YOU see and reply to this post

This sounds logical to remove the VIP , but I am not going to connect the CSS physically inline , I will make it the gateway of the clients so that all traffic hits by it and then by the rule .

Do you have concerns ?

no concern.  Should work as well.

Gilles.