Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

CSS Upgrade Process - New Script Directory???

According to the software upgrade documentation for the CSS platform, when the software is upgraded a new script directory is created as "/<current running version>/script", so the document instructs you to copy files from "/oldversion/script" to "/newversion/script"

Problem is, I can't seem to access the old script directory when running the updated code or see the new directory when reverting to the old code. The procedure document doesn't specify HOW to copy them back and forth, it just say's that you need to do it.

I've found that I can archive individual scripts while booted to the old version and restore them in the new version, but is there another way to copy directly between them without having to jump back and forth between versions via. reboot?

1 REPLY

Re: CSS Upgrade Process - New Script Directory???

Yes you can do this but it needs to be done.

You need to go into debug mode

llama

Enter the following command

ap_file copy c:/ap0500002/script/text.script c:/ap0500063/script

In this example ap0500002 is the old software version and ap0500063 is the new software.

text.script is the script name

If you do the following

ap_file copy c:/?

This will list all the currently installed version s on the CSS/

Hope this helps

Phil

Views
Helpful
Replies