Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSS with Citrix Metaframe

I have a CSS load balancing four proxy servers that connect to the Internet.

The config looks like this

content www

vip address 172.16.1.1

protocol tcp

add service proxy1

add service proxy2

add service proxy3

add service proxy4

balance urlhash

We are using urlhash to maximise the chance a user will hit cached content on the proxy.

This works really well for the vast mjority of users but I have a few using Citrix MetaFrame.

These users time out after 10-15 mins with the error message "The Citrix Server is not available"

When I monitor the flows from the client ip I see the inital logon via proxy3 then at some point the flow disappears and the

client times out. If I trace the packet flow with an external sniffer I see tcp traffic to and from the VIP.

This is not an obvious inactivity timeout because the user is working inside the Citrix window throughout the session.

If we point the client direct to the proxy then the problem goes away so I am relatively sure the CSS is causing the timeout.

I am using the command "show flows 10.1.1.1" because there are too many flows to look at everything at once but something

must be happening for the Citrix session to carry on working after the flow disappears.

Has anyone already solved this one or know of better diagnostics that I can use.

Cheers Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content