Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS with trunk interfaces only

dalmada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi evereyone,

It is possible to configure a CSS with trunk interfaces only? I mean, no bridge vlan x to any interface. If the CSS (11501) receives traffic destined to vlan 11 from vlan 10 wich is in the same physical interface ( trunk) will it route it again through the intrface?

Thanks in advance

david

3 Replies 3

diro
Level 1
Level 1

a one arm design works perfect, but you should use router mode, and watch out that the return traffic passes the css again (tip use source groups)

dimitri

hi dimitri,

thanks for your reply, but it?s unclear to me.

Wath did you mean with router mode? Maybe my post wasn?t clear also. The scenario will be a CSS with one trunk interface connected to layer 2 device trunk interface on wich it will be both the client side( router) and server side ( servers) vlans. So a request comming from the router destined to the VIP will be delivered on the CSS trunk interface and then through the same interface the request will be forwarded to the server and the reply plays the way back.

david

router mode is a concept in content switching meaning that the client vlan and the server vlan carry a different subnet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: