cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11000 - NIMDA filters

leonel
Level 1
Level 1

I have created appropriate filters (according to Cisco's Document) that filter the NIMDA virus. Although it works for REQUESTS that come to IPs that haven't got a Content Rule defined it DOES NOT work for IPs that have a CONTENT RULE associated with it. WHY?

Any help will be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

because for any routing device, they prefer to use the most specific information.

So, you need another content rule to block nimda virus for each ip which already have their own content rule.

Can you be more specific .... perhaps you could show us a quick content rule config that applies to the above-mentioned scenario ...

Thanking you in advance,

Leonel

acarcoba
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem, what we did was to use a filter on the internet router using policies. I tried with 3 different versions of Operating System on the CSS and it did not work. I think there is something missing on the document or something that has to be known before applying the filters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: